Ever wanted to be in charge of an apothecary? Feel the need to brew the perfect potion? Is the vanilla Minecraft brewing system too simple for your refined tastes? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then Alchemy++ might be just what you’re looking for. Intended to be a lore-friendly expansion of the potion system and provide a fun “alchemical tech tree” for players to explore, Alchemy++ allows you to research, combine, and enhance potions and potion-related items. Normal potion effects such as poison, harming, and weakness are fully supported, and normally unavailable effects like blindness, nausea, and withering are now possible.
How to play:
(subject to change with very little notice, I’m doing an overhaul of the research mechanics)
To combine potions, you’ll want to use a Liquid Mixer. The liquid mixer takes two potions, runs them through a Filter, and outputs the combined potions into two empty bottles.
To brew new types of potions, you currently use the Essence Extractor. The Essence Extractor will be removed once the research overhaul is complete.
Here are the recipes for various potions:
- Night Vision I + Squid’s Eye = Blindness
- Slowness I + Awkward Feeling = Nausea
- Swiftness I + Springy Cord = Jump Boost
- Strength I + Iron Powder = Resistance
- Poison I + Festering Flesh = Hunger
- Regeneration I + Fish Oil = Water Breathing
- Instant Damage I + Nether Star = Wither
- Ways of getting ingredients:
- Squid’s Eye – Kill a squid with a Silk Touch shears called “Eye choppa”
- Awkward Feeling – Smash ANOTHER player with an anvil.
- Springy Cord – Make a slime fall to his death
- Iron Powder – obliterate Iron Golem with bare fists
- Festering Flesh – break completely rotten Block of Flesh.
- Fish Oil – fill the bottle of fish oil using raw fish.
- Nether Star – Kill the Wither Boss
Potion Bottle: A storage block for your potions, and can hold up to 16 potions in one block. Use your potion (regular or splash) on this block to pour it inside or use an empty bottle on it to get some back. You may also SHIFT+Right click it with an empty hand to drink some.
Fish Oil Bottle: When you’ve crafted this item, use it with Shift + RightClick to consume fish from your inventory and fill the bottle with oil. Note that only the full bottle of fish oil is considered a potion ingredient.
Diffuser (previously the “Alchemical Apparatus”): The diffuser is used to spread a potion effect over an area, similar to how a Beacon does. The diffuser has an alcohol burner to heat it up, and uses an internal tank of potion over time. The diffuser is effective in the area of 20x20x20 around it.
To get alcohol or ethanol for your burner, you’ll need to distill it. Currently, you can distill wood alcohol in the Distillery.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
This mod is created by: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1294074-alchemyplusplus